BCTLA Chapter Grant
The British Columbia Teacher-Librarians’ Association recognizes the need to encourage professional development, teacher inquiry, mentorship and resource development within Chapters of the BCTLA. Each year the BCTLA Chapter Grant Program will provide funding to local Chapters to engage in activities and initiatives which will have positive impacts for school libraries and teacher-librarianship and will enable the BCTLA to meet our goals. There will be four grants available each year with a maximum amount of $1000 awarded per grant. Chapters may only apply for one grant per year and may not apply for a grant in two consecutive school years.
To be eligible for a grant, a Chapter must be:
- An active, registered Chapter within the BCTLA.
- An active participant in Council Meetings.
- Submitted an up-to-date Chapter constitution (within 5 years of the Chapter grant application).
The recipient Chapter(s) shall:
- Ensure that the proposed activities are of maximum benefit to all its members.
- Ensure that the monies be spent as much as possible to support BCTLA members.
- Provide, if asked, copies of receipts to the Treasurer of the BCTLA as proof of appropriate use of the grant monies.
- Communicate findings to share learnings and products resulting from the use of the grant monies with other teacher-librarians in B.C.
A complete application shall consist of:
- A completed and signed application form.
- Meeting Chapter eligibility.
- Including the proposed plan, including the amount requested.
- Including how your Chapter will communicate findings with BCTLA members.
- Chapter grant applications are due September 15 (to be used for the remaining school year).
- The recipient Chapter(s) shall be selected by the BCTLA Executive Board.
- The Executive may approve none, all or some portion of the amount requested.
- Selection shall be based on the quality of the proposal and the potential for the proposed activities to positively impact upon school libraries and to enable the BCTLA to meet our goals.
- There are four awards of up to $1000 grant monies each year.
Submit application forms and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
| BCTLA Chapter Grant Program |
2022 – was not awarded
2021 – was not awarded
2020 – was not awarded2019 – was not awarded
2018 – was not awarded2017 – was not awarded2016 – was not awarded
William H. Scott Memorial Award
2009 – Langley Chapter #35