- Providing leadership for library and information services, and profession of librarianship.
- Research and development of school library learning commons in Canada.
- United voices advancing excellence in Canadian libraries (formerly CLA)
- Webinars and discussion forum on current library matters.
- With members from 52 countries, IASL provides an international forum for people interested in promoting effective school library programs as viable instruments in the educational process.
- Social network for librarians and educators. School of Information at San Jose State University.
This bi-annual conference (2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017) has a research focus and is intended to bring together school library researchers and practitioners to envision new futures for school library programs.