Don’t forget to celebrate Love Your School Library Day in your library learning commons on February 14th. Put up some posters around your school or have students decorate your LLC with their own messages of love.
International Book Giving Day takes place on the 14th of February each year. The aim? To get books into the hands of as many children as possible.
- READ a book
- SHARE a book
- PASS ON a book
Ways You Can Get Involved in International Book Giving Day!
- Leave books for children to discover, or donate to a local charity.
- Organize a book swap of gently used books in your LLC.
- Connect with others celebrating International Book Giving Day on social media. #bookgivingday
- Download and print an International Book Giving Day bookmark and/or bookplate to attach to a book you give, from websites like https://bookgivingday.com/ They’re free!
- Share a photo of yourself celebrating International Book Giving Day. Use #bookgivingday and #bctla on social media so we can find you.
- Invite your community to celebrate International Book Giving Day by creating a display, poster or newsletter item.